Complete an application form for Edmonton Public Schools’ International Student Program.
Prepare a complete application package, including:
- A completed international student application form
- A copy of the applicant’s passport or birth certificate with photo, or identity card
- A copy of the applicant’s transcripts of marks for the past two school years translated in English, with an official school stamp
- A copy of the applicant’s letter of recommendation from a current teacher or principal, translated in English, with an official schools stamp.
- A copy of the applicant’s notarized custodianship declaration form, if under the age of 18 (for private custodianship, download form from Citizenship & Immigration Canada website. Custodianship is available for students who participate in the Homestay program; students will receive their custodianship declaration along with their Letter of Acceptance from Edmonton Public Schools.)
- A copy of the applicant’s immunization records
- Arrange for payment in full of the application fee, tuition fee and health insurance fee (see Tuition & Fees)
Submit a complete application package, with above required documentation:
- By E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Courier or Registered Post to:
International Student Program
Student Services Department
Edmonton Public Schools
Metro Continuing Education, 7835 76 Ave NW
Edmonton, AB T6C 2N1 CANADA
Upon receipt of a COMPLETE application package, the application will be reviewed to determine acceptance to the International Student Program. Once an application has been approved, we will provide the applicant with an official Letter of Acceptance to Edmonton Public Schools.
The applicant must use the Letter of Acceptance to apply for a Study Permit from Citizenship and Immigration Canada
POLICIES OF EDMONTON PUBLIC SCHOOLS’ INTERNATIONAL STUDENT PROGRAM
- Specific school placements for international students are not guaranteed. Final decisions regarding school access and placements for international students will be made solely by Edmonton Public Schools, depending on capacities to accommodate.
- It is the policy of Edmonton Public Schools’ International Student Program that once an international student has registered in a particular school, the student is expected to complete their school year at the school in which they have registered.
- Changing schools mid-year (between first and second semester) is not permitted. Moves between schools from one year to the next may be considered based on the circumstances and with the consent of the principals of the schools concerned.
- Edmonton Public Schools does not allow international students driving motor vehicles during the time they study with Edmonton Public Schools’ International Student Program.
- Students are expected to observe district and school rules, regulations and expectations. Students who fail to comply will be required to return home.
- The International Student Program is intended for international students who wish to attend a 'regular' high school in Edmonton Public Schools, are achieving at grade level, and are developmentally appropriate for their years and associated grade levels.
The District does not accept international students with special needs. We are compelled to ensure that the tuition fees reflect the actual costs of programming. Under the Alberta School Act, school districts cannot legally use any funds from resident student grants,
to support programming of any kind, for international students - all costs of programming must be borne by the students' families.
Back To Top
Edmonton Public Schools’ Privacy Statement