Edmonton Public Schools has over 50 years of experience in providing high quality English as a Second Language programming. You are assured of receiving instruction at your level, to meet your needs, while taking academic courses with your Canadian peers.
Specific school placements for international students are not guaranteed. Final decisions regarding school access and placements for international students will be made solely by Edmonton Public Schools, depending on capacities to accommodate.
- Edmonton Public Schools does not have a minimum English language requirement for admission
- ESL is available at all levels and includes TOEFL preparation
- Students’ English language levels are assessed on arrival, and they are placed into age-appropriate classes and programs at their level
- Students are counseled regarding school programming and advised on requirements for post-secondary studies
- Alberta High School Diploma – Graduation Requirements
* Vimy Ridge Academy follows an alternative schedule, in that school begins one week earlier than most other schools. It is recommended that students begin classes then, rather than joining mid-year. To compensate for this week early start, students get an extra week at spring break which occurs in late March.
Other district schools may also offer alternative schedules. These may vary from year to year.
Back To Top
Edmonton Public Schools' Privacy Statement