Applications for the 2024-25 school year open on Oct 1, 2023. We will only process complete applications with valid passports for the duration of the applied Study Program. If an incomplete application is received, it will be cancelled, and the applicant will be asked to apply again.
Specific school placements for international students are not guaranteed. Final decisions regarding school access and placements for international students will be made solely by Edmonton Public Schools’ International Programs, depending on school capacities to accommodate.
Note that International Programs is no longer reviewing applications for the 2023-24 school year as we have reached capacity in all grades K - 12.
Diversity Statement for EPSB International Programs
The EPSB International Student Program strives to provide a world class educational experience to students from across the globe and enrich the culture, relationships and perspectives of resident students. We are committed to championing diversity by bringing people together from multiple backgrounds to create productive, authentic learning environments that reflect the world into which students will graduate.
Student Selection Process for International Students
Student selection for entrance into EPSB International Programs is completed based on multiple criteria, including consideration of our Diversity Statement.
- Applications must be complete with all required documentation before a decision on acceptance can be determined; this includes a confirmed address.
- Acceptance into the EPSB International Program will be based on meeting/exceeding the criteria for admission.
- Priority will be given to Secondary High School student applications (grades 10-12).
- Confirmation that EPSB has the required capacity to accommodate the student in their age-appropriate grade placement.
- In accordance with our Diversity Statement, the student’s country of residence will be a consideration for acceptance into the program.
EPSB International Programs acceptance is not based on a first come, first serve system but rather based on the above criteria.
Applications to the International Student Program are submitted ONLINE, as per the instructions found on our website:
Applications must include:
- completed ISP application form
- copies of passport
- transcripts for the past two school years, translated in English
- letter of recommendation from current teacher or principal, translated in English
- immunization records
- notarized custodianship declaration, if under 18 years old ( This document will be provided for students who participate in the Homestay program)
- payment in full of application fee, tuition fee and health insurance fee.
- if accepted, an official Letter of acceptance (LOA) will be issued.
- the LOA must be used in the application for a Study Permit from Citizenship & Immigration Canada.
- students must submit Study Permit applications at least three to four months in advance, to ensure ample processing time.