English as a Second Language
Edmonton Public Schools has over 50 years of experience in providing high quality English as a Second Language programming. You are assured of receiving instruction at your level, to meet your needs, while taking academic courses with your Canadian peers.
- Edmonton Public Schools does not have a minimum English language requirement for admission
- ESL is available at all levels and includes TOEFL preparation
- Students’ English language levels are assessed on arrival, and they are placed into age-appropriate classes and programs at their level
- Students are counseled regarding school programming and advised on requirements for post-secondary studies
- Alberta High School Diploma – Graduation Requirements
Specific school placements for international students are not guaranteed. Final decisions regarding school access and placements for international students will be made solely by Edmonton Public Schools, depending on capacities to accommodate.