How to apply Online
Please visit the Edmonton Public Schools’ International Student Program
website to complete an online application:
STEP 1: PREPARE YOUR APPLICATION DOCUMENTS
Prepare the following documents and have them ready to upload:
- Passport (or Birth Certificate with Photo, or Identity Card)
- Transcripts of marks for the past two school years translated in English, with an official school stamp (Please Note: To be accepted, an applicant must hold a minimum of passing grades of at least 50% in core courses taken)
- Letter of recommendation from a current teacher or principal, translated in English, with an official school stamp
- Immunization records, if available
- Notarized Custodianship Declaration Form, if under the age of 18 and living in a private arrangement (download blank form from Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada)
- This document is not required for students applying for Homestay services.
- This document is not required for students accompanied by a parent with Visitor status who will be living with them full-time in Edmonton during their studies. A copy of the parent passport(s) must be uploaded.
- Signed Applicant/Parent Commitment and Signatures Form
STEP 2: APPLY ONLINE
- Complete an online application to the International Student Program.
- After your application is submitted, you will receive a confirmation e-mail, including your reference number. The application will be reviewed to determine acceptance to the International Student Program.
- Processing time may take up to one week. You will be contacted directly by the International Student Program when the review process has been completed. Please do not submit your application a second time.
STEP 3: PAY YOUR FEES
- Once an application has been approved, an invoice for your requested study period will be e-mailed along with payment instructions. Arrange for payment in full of the academic invoice.
STEP 4: (HOMESTAY APPLICANTS ONLY)
- If applying for Homestay, complete an online Homestay application with The Canada Homestay Network (CHN). Once your application is received by CHN, you will be contacted to complete any necessary documentation for custodianship and provided with your Homestay invoice. Arrange for payment in full of the Homestay invoice.
ONCE STEPS 1-4 ARE COMPLETED:
- A final school match will be confirmed for the applicant.
- The applicant will receive: an official Letter of Acceptance (LoA) to Edmonton Public Schools, a Receipt for academic fees, and health insurance documents. If the student applied for Homestay and is under the age of 18, a CHN Custodianship Declaration form will also be provided.
- If the applicant's study program is 6 months in duration or longer, they are required to use the Letter of Acceptance to apply for a Study Permit with Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada. The student must wait to receive approval on their Study Permit application, before traveling to Canada to begin their studies. In addition to a Study Permit, citizens of certain countries may also be required to obtain a Visa or (eTA) Electronic Travel Authorization to enter/transit Canada.